Claresinterpretations

Claresinterpretations

Cold Blood: A gripping serial killer thriller that will take your breath away (Detective Erika Foster Book 5) - Robert Bryndza

With thanks to Netgalley and Bookoutre for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

I love the Erica Foster series and I am so glad I was given the opportunity to read this book before the official release on 20/09/17.

I have read all five books in this series and I think Cold Blood is the best book yet.  Detective.Chief Inspector Foster and her friend/colleague Detective Inspector Kate Moss are called to the River Thames where the dead body of a man was found on the beach.  The man had been dismembered and put into a suitcase.  Two weeks later the dismembered body of a female in a suitcase is found further up the shore.  Erica and Kate have to find out if the victims knew each other and why were they murdered.

During the investigation Erica is attacked by ruthless drug dealers. She later finds out one of her colleagues was heavily In debt to the dealers, in desperation they provided confidential information to pay off the debt.

In between chapters are diary excerpts from 18 year old Nina Hargreaves and her boyfriend Max.  Nina instantly fell in love with Max who is in thirties.   The diary extracts show how Max manipulated Nina until she was cut off from work, friends and family.  The couple definitely had parallels to the infamous child murderers who killed together in the North of England in the sixties.  Max who thinks he is an intellectual who has never been given a break, and Nina who will do anything Max asks.

I am sorry Erica's friend Isaac Strong only appeared in the background of the story.  I hope he will appear more in the next book.

Cold Blood was utterly

compelling.  The tension was so high I read the last 60 % of the story In one sitting.  Congratulations Robert you deserve your success.